What we are currently seeing in the Western world, as well as from some Church leaders, is an accommodation of Islam on many fronts.
There are many examples from those who ought to know better:
1. Those clergy who advise not trying to win Muslims to Christ.
2. The silence of many Church leaders on the issue, and the muddying of the waters by others who claim Islam is a peaceful religion when all of 1300 years of history shows it most definitely is not peaceful at all.
3. The cowardice and fear displayed by those who will not draw attention to the massive increase in persecution (eg, murders, imprisonments, job losses, injuries, Church bombings, family break-ups, etc) in every Muslim country in the world at the moment.
4. Acceptance of halal foods. Did you know that the leaders of the 1.6% Muslim population of Australia have convinced most food manufacturers to follow Islamic practices? This involves, among other things, an imam praying to a false god to dedicate a food product we all must eat, Muslims or not.
Australian Christians must oppose this antichrist religion’s influence before it is too late.
Christians Can’t be Neutral about Islam
Islam is the epitome of an antichrist religion.
Consider these facts:
1. Allah has no son. Our God does have a Son, Jesus Christ our Saviour.
2. Muslims think the Trinity is blasphemous, because it involves ‘three Gods.’
3. Muslims teach that Jesus did not die for our sins or our salvation.
4. Islam, created by Muhammed, a ‘prophet’ who prophesied nothing, did not start until the 7th century, and then only after mixing up Old and New Testament stories to conflict with Jewish and Christian knowledge.
Why do I call it an antichrist religion? Just read 1 John 2:18-27 where the apostle warns about the antichrists of the last hour:
‘Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichrist – he denies the Father and the Son. No-one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.’
Is there a clearer way of describing Islam than this, more than 500 years before its appearance?
Christians must oppose Islam because its violent history points clearly to its vengeful nature.
We must do this without hating Muslim people, with compassion especially towards their women, who in many cases are held in subjection and treated as second-class citizens.
Christians Should be Loving Towards Muslims
Just in case anyone thinks my opposition to Islam means I hate Muslim people, please read on.
I do not advocate abolition of Muslims, or beheading, jailing, beating, fining or otherwise persecution of them. I do not want them prevented from migrating here or otherwise discriminating against them or their right to freely worship whatever god they wish.
In contrast to the Muslim countries they or their parents came from, I want them to have the same rights of religious expression as we give everyone in this country.
There have been some ridiculous court and tribunal decisions recently which have confused freedom of opinion and speech with hateful behaviour. Such misunderstanding by those judges and magistrates only serves to inflame and encourage polarisation of opinion and can even breed violence.
Christians must love Muslims, show them kindness and help, improve their English and their understanding of Australian laws, rights and responsibilities. Above all we must show them the Saviour.
Any other behaviour by Christians towards them is un-Christlike.
Are You Ready for Persecution?
Jesus taught us not to discriminate when He said:
‘Go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.’ [Matt 28:19-20]
If Christians get into trouble while fulfilling this ‘Great Commission’, it should only be because they are doing what Jesus commanded.
Persecution will then follow just as night follows day. This can be seen right from the New Testament, through Church history up to the present day. Why should we expect anything different?
If we happen to be accused of ‘hate crimes’ by a politically-correct state, then let it be because of a faulty judgment by corrupt mankind, not because of any real hate on our part.
Jesus taught real love – the love that seeks another’s best interests [Greek: agape]. If true Christian love, which seeks to keep people out of hell, is perversely called ‘hate’, we can only say this is what Jesus warned us about in John 15:18.
A Call to the Church
In his recent book ‘Mideast Beast’, Joel Richardson encourages Christians in the Western World to do four things:
1. Speak the truth about Christ and the gospel with boldness.
2. Demonstrate God’s amazing and relentless love to all people, regardless of culture, background or religion.
3. Pray for Muslim peoples everywhere to have their eyes opened. When Ishmael cried to God in Genesis, He heard and answered him.
4. Love God’s chosen people, the Jews. A Church teaching anti-semitic Replacement Theology is a travesty and ultimately, contradictory.
Can we, as Christians, do any less than this?