My intention in this blog is to warn and encourage the Church in relation to many things which prove we are in the last of the last days, as foretold by Jesus and His apostles. There are still many in the Church who I know are either deliberately blind or just plain ignorant who need to be awakened.
Some I know never keep up with the news (I know it’s biased and carefully tailored for what the editors think most of their constituents want) and just snuggle down and pass the time away with overseas trips and other forms of entertainment (note I said “some”).
It is a dangerous thing to try and interpret the Bible through current events, but there have been a number of current events this year which seem to be making headway towards the future world which many of the prophetic writings of the Bible describe.
Let’s take a few examples:
- The Lord Jesus said two of the major signs of His return would be that the times would be like the days of Noah and of Lot [Luke 17:26-30]. A major step toward this situation was made in June, 2015 when the US Supreme Court declared that homosexual “marriage” would be made legal and anyone who disagreed through word or actions would be punished. That has already happened and it seems to be only a matter of time before a similar situation exists in Australia.
- Then a great leap forward in setting up a one world government was made in June when the Pope publicly called for such a body, over and above the present United Nations set-up. That call was backed by UN leaders and most of the world’s leaders. This I believe may be setting the stage for the final antichrist and his false prophet to take power as described in Daniel, Thessalonians and Revelation.
- For those who are watching, to see the current beheading of Christians in the Middle East by an anti-Christian group of muslim terrorists, must bring a reminiscence of Revelation 6, where unknown millions are put to torture and death for the faith. As a recent Pew Report has stated, more Christians are being reported persecuted today than at any other time in history.
- There are several places in Scripture that point out that the “son of perdition”, ie, the final antichrist, will set himself up in God’s temple. At the moment that temple does not yet exist but it is interesting to note that architectural plans have been completed for the construction of a third temple in Jerusalem and that therefore it cannot be too long before all these things take place. Whether we will see it or the Rapture comes first, Christians do not agree.
- Russia has recently set up a huge invasion force with many heavy duty missiles and other items of war, in Syria, supposedly to protect its friend from IS groups. Russia’s friend Iran has accompanied her and the question which must be asked in the light of the Gog-Magog war of Ezekiel 38-39 is, “Will Russia come to Israel to take a spoil” as described in that war? Only Mr Putin (and God of course, who sets it up) knows when this will eventuate, but with all the heavy artillery and equipment on Israel’s doorstep, and with Russia looking greedily at Israel’s newly-discovered oil and gas resources, the situation is at the least very interesting.
All of these factors, together with many others, are pointing in the same direction. Of course they may subside as many have done in the past, but we should note that never have things appeared to be coming to fruition as at the present time.
So let us all be awake, as Paul taught, so we will not be taken by surprise, as Jesus pointed out in the parable of the Ten Virgins. May we all be ready for His glorious appearing at the Rapture, because we have not been “appointed unto wrath”, but to be delivered from God’s fiery anger during the Great Tribulation.
Stick with it!